Re: [Hampshire] A little history on Linux and Microsoft

Author: Jim Kissel
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] A little history on Linux and Microsoft

alan c wrote:
> Jim Kissel wrote:
>> For those who are interested the original Halloween documents (PDF)
>> have been posted as part of Iowa vs Microsoft lawsuit.
>>
>> The original is over 8 years old, but IMOSHO it still makes
>> interesting reading.
>>
>> <http://www.iowaconsumercase.org/011607/6000/PX06501.pdf>
>>

> Thank you Jim, very interesting. Since it is from court documents I
> presume it is no longer ms confidential as marked.

AS PJ (groklaw) says IANAL, but since the document is posted on a
publicly viewable web site, as part of a court record, I would presume
that status is no longer MS "Highly Confidential". It might not be
public domain, but I would think you would be safe in quoting short
extracts of it, under a "fair use"/"for review" purposes.

It is of major interest to me as, Eric Raymond (esr) never published the
original documents, only edited versions with his comments. I've read
elsewhere that he did this to avoid infringing the authors rights
(copyright?), what ever they may have been.