Re: [Hampshire] Top ten commands in history

Top Page
Author: Tony Whitmore
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Top ten commands in history

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x57224100.hantslug.org.uk.16686': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Wed Jan 31 16:16:30 2007 GMT
gpg: using DSA key 7920DB2171B98B64
On Wed, Jan 31, 2007 at 01:19:21PM +0000, Alan Pope wrote:
> On Wed, Jan 31, 2007 at 01:04:32PM +0000, Tony Whitmore wrote:
> > I'm not so sure. I use sudo on all my Debian systems too.
> >

> Ditto.
>
> Since i started using it on Ubuntu, it made sense to move all my other machines over to that way of working.

I used sudo on Debian, on advice from someone on this list, before Ubuntu
existed. The advantages for logging and devolving power are great. The only
time it's annoying is when doing a long string of different commands as root,
as Paul suggests. But it's easy enough to "sudo su".

So it was no hardship to me when Ubuntu made sudo central to its system
administration model.

Tony