Re: [Hampshire] Top ten commands in history

Author: Paul Tansom
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Top ten commands in history
** Alan Pope <alan@???> [2007-01-31 13:31]:
> On Wed, Jan 31, 2007 at 01:04:32PM +0000, Tony Whitmore wrote:
> > On Wed, Jan 31, 2007 at 12:42:23PM +0000, john lewis wrote:

> > > usage of sudo will be higher for ubuntites so distorting the pattern
> >
> > I'm not so sure. I use sudo on all my Debian systems too.
>
> Ditto.
>
> Since i started using it on Ubuntu, it made sense to move all my other machines over to that way of working.

** end quote [Alan Pope]

I'm afraid my only use for sudo on Ubuntu is:

sudo bash

from where I do all the real work. It gets to be a real drag typing in
sudo before everything I'm afriad. Nice for the odd command, but a pain
for anything else. I'm working very hard to like Ubuntu because the
install and configuration to get up and running quickly is nice, as is
the more up to date packages. It needs a good deal of tailoring to make
it nicely useable for me though :(

--
Paul Tansom | Aptanet Ltd. | http://www.aptanet.com/