Re: [Hampshire] Top ten commands in history

Author: Alex
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Top ten commands in history

> I'm afraid my only use for sudo on Ubuntu is:
>
> sudo bash
>
> from where I do all the real work. It gets to be a real drag typing in
> sudo before everything I'm afriad. Nice for the odd command, but a pain
> for anything else. I'm working very hard to like Ubuntu because the
> install and configuration to get up and running quickly is nice, as is
> the more up to date packages. It needs a good deal of tailoring to make
> it nicely useable for me though :(

I can relate to this actually. Typing 'sudo' all the time gets really
annoying to me. However, I feel it's a small negative considering how clumsy
I can be and the damage I could cause if I didn't have that extra thought
process happening when I execute a 'sudo'. Furthermore, using it on all
boxes means that you are protected from executing something on the wrong box
(if you're good with passwords that is!).

Each to their own, though :)

Cheers,

--
Alex Collins