[Hampshire] Fwd: Samba update problems

Author: Cayenne-uk
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] Fwd: Samba update problems
I received the "Updates available" icon on Ubuntu earlier, and dutifully
accepted the updates. However, it ended with an error and told me that an
application was broken. I have been trying to fix it following the
suggestions in the dialogue boxes, but I have run into a brick wall.

The app in question is Samba. I have tried the fix broken apps option in
Synaptic, and when that didn't work I tried the apt-get install -f command
as suggested. I continually get the "pre-removal script returned error exit
status 102" message.

I think I need help! Please?

I did attached an OOo doc with screen shots, but it cause this message to
get blocked. If it
would help anyone solve this I can send it directly to you..

Thanks in advance..

Kelvin