Re: [Hampshire] Linux problems

Top Page
Author: Tony Whitmore
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Linux problems

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x57b46100.hantslug.org.uk.15219': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Mon Feb 12 22:12:49 2007 GMT
gpg: using DSA key 7920DB2171B98B64
Sean Gibbins wrote:
> drystan mazur wrote:
>> 2: when using SSH if my public key is in the authusied keys folder I
>> should not need a password to log into the server ? Is this correct
>> because I copied the file in but I still need a password
>
> You probably need to set this within /etc/ssh/sshd_config:
>
> PasswordAuthentication no

I've always known SSH to prefer key-based authentication over password
auth. So it should check for the key and then fail over to password.
This can be seen by adding -v to the command:

ssh -v user@host

HTH,

Tony