Re: [Hampshire] Xen kernel source for 2.6.17-6-generic-xen0 …

Top Page
Author: Andy Smith
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Xen kernel source for 2.6.17-6-generic-xen0 & bridge probs on Ubuntu

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x56c34100.hantslug.org.uk.14038': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Wed Feb 14 01:18:59 2007 GMT
gpg: using DSA key 2099B64CBF15490B
On Tue, Feb 13, 2007 at 10:43:13PM +0000, John Hunt wrote:
> Question 1) I've installed Xen, and I want to compile a kernel module
> for the Xen kernel 2.6.17-6-generic-xen0, yet I can't find any kernel
> sources for that kernel.. I'd also rather not go through the hastle of
> building my own kernel.

I don't use ubuntu as dom0 so can't really comment also this is easy
with debian (get source of debian kernel package, apply debian's xen
patch) so I would epxect it to be similar with ubuntu.

> Question 2) Xen's bridge only seems to bridge over to eth0. I also
> need it to bridge to eth1 (my wireless card) when I'm at home.
>
> Does anyone know of a nice easy way of getting that work? I use
> network-manager to control my network connection.

You probably want to do it like this:

http://virt.kernelnewbies.org/XenWifiNetwork

Like the article says you'll likely find it easier to use dummy
network and have iptables take care of where traffic goes.

Cheers,
Andy

Encrypted mail welcome - keyid 0x604DE5DB

My words are my own and do not represent Jacqui Caren.