Re: [Hampshire] Continuing problems with GRUB [was: problems…

Author: Damian Brasher
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Continuing problems with GRUB [was: problems with editing GRUB}

> On Saturday 17 Feb 2007 17:58, Damian Brasher wrote:
>> Lisi wrote:

> No - it is very helpful. I found something to try that I had not so far
> tried. So thank you. All help very gratefully received. :-)

Have you updated the motherboard BIOS recently?

Sometimes allowing your BIOS to have all the default settings (make of
note of current settings first) use the 'set-basic defaults' or equivalent
in the BIOS.

If all else fails you could create a floppy or usb boot disk and see if
these work (for testing).

Damian B

Damian Brasher
www.interlinux.co.uk