[Hampshire] [OT] missing Firefox bookmarks (on windows)

Author: Andy Random
To: hampshire
Subject: [Hampshire] [OT] missing Firefox bookmarks (on windows)

Hi,

I seem to have lost a whole slew of bookmarks from Firefox on my windows
machine.

I'm now running version 1.5.0.9 but only recently did an update at FF
prompting. I'm not sure if the missing book marks coincided with that or
not but I've noticed today that I'm missing months of bookmarks on this
machine :(

Something pretty odd seems to be happening as well because having shutdown
FF and restored a copy of my bookmark file from backup (sadly still over a
month old) it gets over written with the older one as soon as I add a
new bookmark!

Clearly there is something I don't understand going on there...

Any suggestions (aside from installing Ubuntu:) before I un-install FF and
reinstall from scratch?

Andy