Re: [Hampshire] [OT] missing Firefox bookmarks (on windows)

Author: David Anderson
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] missing Firefox bookmarks (on windows)
On Sat, 17 Feb 2007 16:21:59 -0500 (EST)
Andy Random <andy.random@???> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I seem to have lost a whole slew of bookmarks from Firefox on my
> windows machine.

My sister had a similar problem

> I'm now running version 1.5.0.9 but only recently did an update at FF
> prompting. I'm not sure if the missing book marks coincided with that
> or not but I've noticed today that I'm missing months of bookmarks on
> this machine :(

She had done an update, but wasn't sure whether there was a coincidence

> Something pretty odd seems to be happening as well because having
> shutdown FF and restored a copy of my bookmark file from backup
> (sadly still over a month old) it gets over written with the older
> one as soon as I add a new bookmark!

Check for ALL bookmark.html files on your system, and identify which
one contains your old bookmarks (if any). We found one.

> Clearly there is something I don't understand going on there...
>
> Any suggestions (aside from installing Ubuntu:) before I un-install
> FF and reinstall from scratch?

We created a new profile and imported bookmarks from the one identified
in the above comment.

HTH