[Hampshire] [OT] Email inbox tidiness?

Author: Damian Brasher
To: hampshire
Subject: [Hampshire] [OT] Email inbox tidiness?
Hi List

I wonder how folks here on the list keep their endless streams of emails
tidy. Up and till recently I have always used separate folders and filters
for different people, subjects and topics. Very neat and until recently,
with a little house keeping, makes old emails, or rather did, easy to
find.

However is this time management economical?

Is it more time-economical to just have a huge unmanaged email inbox and
use ever more sophisticated and accurate search techniques - since I have
been SQL programming for a few months my thinking is changing to: 'I know
how to formulate a good query now, why not use this skill and save myself
time by running well thought out searches on my inbox?'.

Is better searching the way forward rather than ever increasing folder and
filter management? or a mix of the two? We do have more space available to
use on our hard drives than ever before and the average email size has not
grown in proportion.

What are others thoughts?

DB

--