Re: [Hampshire] Your Set Up

Author: Fintan Gaughan
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Your Set Up
On 23/02/07, Rob Malpass <rob@???> wrote:
> Here's the details from me:
>
> 3 main machines:
>
> 1 P4-3GHz running with NVidia 128mb graphics and 1Gb RAM. Runs XP very
> nicely. Mostly used for surfing, university work, flight sim, etc
> 1 Dual Core - 768Mb RAM running Ubuntu Dapper - main Linux console
> 1 Mac Mini (10.4 Tiger) - where I do most of my web and graphics work.
>
> The "cluster":
>
> 8 end-of-life PCs ranging from P1-150 with 12Mb RAM "up to" Celeron 466 with
> 128Mb RAM. All run Slackware 7.1 and lam-mpi-6.5.9 This allows one
> program to be shared amongst the 8 nodes in the cluster. Quite useful for
> running simulations - not that I really do much other than tinker with the
> code - I'm learning how to program in parallel.
>
> Bits I should really dump:
>
> 2 Sparcs (one Sparc5, one Ultra) running Solaris 8 and 9. Nostalgia
> really - used them while learning CompSci back in the early 1990s
> 1 iMac Blue circa 2000 running OS9.2.2 - now defunct courtesy of the mini
>
> Cheers
> Rob

Really interesting to see every ones set up at home thanks for the replies.
I have settled for clarkconnect (for now) and was able to use squirrelmail .
Cant believe how fast my server is compared to 1and1 and your paying for it!

My question is that i was able to access squirrelmail from work but i
could not ssh to my server.. could it be the IT staff blocked the
ports or have i set it up wrong?
I know about port forwarding on my router.

Fintan