Re: [Hampshire] Your Set Up

Author: James Ashburner
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Your Set Up
Fintan Gaughan wrote:
> On 22/02/07, James Ashburner <hantslug@???> wrote:
>

>> All you need to do is point your 1&1 domain at your IP address, no
>> payment to CC needed. If you're going to run mail, set the MX server in
>> 1&1 to your domain name. Works fine for me anyways.
>>
>> James
>

> Is there a tutorial on that one?
> the clarkeconnect newbie forum/tutorial site is down at the moment
>
> Fintan

I wouldn't expect CC to have a tutorial on changing your 1&1 settings.

Log in, click "Manage Domains" then select your domain and pick "Edit
DNS Settings" from the DNS pulldown menu.

Under "Advanced DNS Settings" select "Other IP address" and fill in your
IP. For the Mail Exchanger settings, select "Other mail server" and type
in your domain name and port number (usually 25).

That's all there is to it. Allow some time for the DNS records to be
updated though.

I'm lucky enough to have a fairly static IP being on cable, but it would
be nice to find a way to have this updated automatically when my IP changes.

James