Re: [Hampshire] Wireless, WPA and Ubuntu

Author: Paul Tansom
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Wireless, WPA and Ubuntu
** john lewis <johnlewis@???> [2007-03-08 11:06]:
> On Thu, 8 Mar 2007 10:51:39 +0000
> Paul Tansom <paul@???> wrote:
>
> > Well, not specifically Ubuntu necessarily, but it is beginning to
> > be the case that it is better to mention Ubuntu here than Debian to
> > get a rush of suggestions ;)
>
> /me weeps :-(

** end quote [john lewis]

I'm seriously in two minds here. Debian needs a bit of a shake up, and
Ubuntu has done a good job. It doesn't quite do what I want though, and
takes as much, if not more configuration to get it installed the way I
want (in fact I'm not there yet - I'll have to have a better play with
Xubuntu I think). The main win as far as I'm concerned it better
hardware support for some of the newer chipsets - namely nVidia on the
motherboard (i.e. not the graphics drivers, the networking, SATA, etc.
ones).

--
Paul Tansom | Aptanet Ltd. | http://www.aptanet.com/
Aptanet Ltd. | Registered in England | Company No: 4905028