Re: [Hampshire] [OT] RAR access on Windows?

Author: Paul Tansom
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] RAR access on Windows?
** Andy Random <andy.random@???> [2007-03-08 20:24]:
> Does anybody know of a freeware application for Windows which will open
> rar files?
>
> Yes I know there are several shareware applications that will do it, but
> I'm looking for something that won't expire in xx days unless I pay for
> it.

** end quote [Andy Random]

I tend to use ZipGenius [1]. It handles extracting .rar files, and is
fully freeware. Interestingly it can also extract OOo files into their
component parts if you need to do that (I never have yet) - and that is
both the orignal formats and the new Open Document ones. I recommend it
as a replacement to WinZIP that so many people insist on using as if it
was freeware.

1 http://www.zipgenius.it/

--
Paul Tansom | Aptanet Ltd. | http://www.aptanet.com/
Aptanet Ltd. | Registered in England | Company No: 4905028