Re: [Hampshire] Debian (was Wireless, WPA and Ubuntu)

Author: Peter Salisbury
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Debian (was Wireless, WPA and Ubuntu)
On Thursday 08 March 2007 17:40, Tim wrote:
8<
> I'm also leaving Debian for a different debian based distro but in
> this case I am going to Mepis (which I beleive is a derivative of
> Ubuntu).
>
> Debian has been the best distro I have used to date but there are
> part of it that just wind me up. As much as I tried I could not get
> on with Kubuntu but have been running mepis for a while on a PC
> which will be come the daughters. The only thing on that box I have
> yet to fathom out is the wireless network, which after much trying
> with advice from the lug failed to get going, I am now going to
> leave it until the next B&B meeting at the Uni
>
> Tim

How about this:

<unbritishrant>
We should all have at least one PC with Debian unstable kept right up
to date so that we can help with the testing which is so essential
for this iconic distro. Without the utterly superb Debian software
and developers where would any of these derivatives be? It's the
least we can do to help. If it makes for occasional hassles, tough!
</unbritishrant>

Peter