Re: [Hampshire] Firefox plugins

Author: Mike Burrows
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Firefox plugins
> Things I've already tried:
> 1) Edit, Preferences and looked at the download tab. No application
> is associated with .ram
> 2) Clicking the preferences link inside the "BBC video player" and
> attempting to reconnect it to RealPlayer.
> 3) Googled around - can't find anything I've not tried
>
> Cheers
> Rob

I'm using debian and so can't say how ubuntu might behave. I'm assuming
that the ability to play real media embedded in the webpage came from
your initial install anyway...

Have you checked that the two files that need to be placed in the
firefox "pugins" and "components" directories respectively are still
there or have somehow been corrupted.

See mozilla plugin pages:

http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/linux.html#RealPlayer

Mike