Re: [Hampshire] another sound question

Author: Mike Burrows
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] another sound question
> As root, have you tried running "alsaconf"? Afterwards be sure to run
> "alsactl store" as root too and finally check levels, card etc. with
> alsamixer.

Give yourself a big pat on the back Sir!

marvin:/home/testermike# alsaconf
Unloading ALSA sound driver modules: snd-emu10k1 snd-rawmidi
snd-seq-device snd-ac97-codec snd-util-mem snd-hwdep snd-bt87x
snd-pcm-oss snd-mixer-oss snd-pcm snd-timer snd-page-alloc.
Building card database...

Running update-modules...
Setting default volumes...
Saving the mixer setup used for this in /var/lib/alsa/asound.state.

Now ALSA is ready to use.
For adjustment of volumes, use your favorite mixer.

Have a lot of fun!

marvin:/home/testermike#

If I was in the UK I'd buy you a bear at the next BaB. However...

Thanks again.

Mike