Re: [Hampshire] [OT] StickWiki (was Record keeping (was: Rem…

Author: Peter Salisbury
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] StickWiki (was Record keeping (was: Remove or not.))
On Thursday 22 March 2007 23:13, john lewis wrote:
> On Thu, 22 Mar 2007 17:42:06 +0000
>
> Peter Salisbury <peterthevicar@???> wrote:
> > > For ease of setup, it's hard to beat StickWiki - It's a single,
> > > self-modifying HTML file.
> > >
> > > http://stickwiki.sourceforge.net/
> > >
> > > Alan
> >
> > Alan thank you for that pointer - it is the most elegant solution
> > I've seen and I'm going to adopt it forthwith!
> >
> > Who on earth thought of a single, self-modifying html file for a
> > wiki - genius! Isn't Open Source just the best thing?
>
> but it isn't in the Debian Sid repositories and it apparently has
> read-only support for Opera so that makes it a no-no for me
>
> --
> John Lewis
> Debian Linux with Geneweb genealogy application

I used TiddlyWiki in the end - put all my Linux notes on it today
while waiting for the car to be MoT'ed. I can't imagine making notes
any other way now. If you're interested a copy is at

www.salisburys.net/PetersNotes-TW.html

I used TW because it allows free tagging. I modified the source
slightly to allow the backup system have a limit to the number of
files it saves but otherwise it's as it came. I still can't quite
believe it's a single file - perhaps that's why no-one's bothered to
package it for Debian!

ATB, Peter