Re: [Hampshire] [OT] StickWiki (was Record keeping (was: Rem…

Author: john lewis
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] StickWiki (was Record keeping (was: Remove or not.))
On Fri, 23 Mar 2007 22:57:54 +0000
Peter Salisbury <peterthevicar@???> wrote:

> I used TiddlyWiki in the end - put all my Linux notes on it today
> while waiting for the car to be MoT'ed. I can't imagine making
> notes any other way now. If you're interested a copy is at
>
> www.salisburys.net/PetersNotes-TW.html

I opened the above in Opera and saved the page as
johnsnotes.html (which seems to be the way to get TiddlyWiki). I
can make amendments but cannot save them in Opera as I get this error
message:

"It's not possible to save changes. This could be because your browser
doesn't support saving (instead, use FireFox if you can), or because
the pathname to your TiddlyWiki file contains illegal characters"

Using Iceweasel I get this error:

"Iceweasel can't find the file at /home/jayell/Notes/javascript:;."

but does seem to save the changes as it creates a backup file
johnsnotes-1.html

However it rather defeats the idea of having a 'quick and easy
note taker' if I have to load up iceweasel any time I want to use
the app.

(opera is my default browser and is auto-loaded by wmaker
whenever X is started)

zim is not dependent on any other application to work so has one
advantage over other suggestions.

--
John Lewis
Debian Linux with Geneweb genealogy application