Re: [Hampshire] Talks for April - a plea

Author: Gordon Scott
To: john lewis
CC: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Talks for April - a plea
On Sat, 24 Mar 2007, john lewis wrote:

> It would help if I knew how to create slides in the first place. I
> have never used 'em since the days when they were drawn by hand on
> sheets of ?acetate? so all backgrounds would have been clear. Most
> talks in 'my time' wouldn't even have used OHPs but rather
> flip-over pads :-)
>
> I am not sure that using slides is the best way to show how to use
> software

Open Office Impress is what I use and it's reasonably competent. I
doesn't have the features of the Evil Empire's Powerpoint, but that
helps to avoid the stupid whirling-text games people play.

Slifes in the context of course are PC-slideshow slides, not film or OHP
slides, though they can be printed as such.

FWIW, Adam's suggestion of 3-4 fonts only is good advice for most
publishing, not just for those who want a clearer, more easily readable
document. Too maby fonts ands up looking like the proverbial dog's
breakfast.

G.
--
Gordon Scott                  http://www.gscott.co.uk

        Linux ... Because I like to *get* there today.