Re: [Hampshire] Talks for April - a plea

Top Page
Author: Adam Trickett
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Talks for April - a plea

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x5851c100.hantslug.org.uk.19900': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Sun Mar 25 11:53:54 2007 BST
gpg: using DSA key 019AD0D8166C4BF0
On Saturday 24 March 2007 11:38, john lewis wrote:
> On Sat, 24 Mar 2007 09:41:56 +0000
> >
> > My advice, and that of the RNIB and my University where I trained
> > is the following.
> >
> > * Black or dark background
> > * Pale and/or yellow text
> > * Large sans-serif font
> > * No more than three or four points per slide
> > * No transition effects or other such non-sense
> > * No text over a background image or pattern: plain background
>
> It would help if I knew how to create slides in the first place. I
> have never used 'em since the days when they were drawn by hand on
> sheets of ?acetate? so all backgrounds would have been clear. Most
> talks in 'my time' wouldn't even have used OHPs but rather
> flip-over pads :-)

With OHP obviously you use a light background, but the keep things simple et
al rules still apply. I like OHP, it's different from slides, but that does
not make it better or worse.

> I am not sure that using slides is the best way to show how to use
> software

I think you may be right, I don't think there is sufficient resolution on the
projector to shrink the font sufficiently and still be able to read it. With
OHP it may be possible to fit more into give space and still be able to read
it.

--
Adam Trickett
Overton, HANTS, UK

When a Microsoft product is the lesser of two evils, you know for
sure that there's something fishy going on.
    -- anon