[Hampshire] [OT] TiddlyWiki

Author: Peter Salisbury
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List,
Subject: [Hampshire] [OT] TiddlyWiki
Thought I'd better start a new thread as we've drifted so far from our
starting place!

@john lewis - I can't understand why TiddlyWiki's not working for you
with Opera, to quote the TiddlyWiki.com homepage:

# Ability to SaveChanges on:

    * FireFox under Windows or OS X
    * InternetExplorer under Windows
    * Opera under all operating systems
    * Safari and Camino under OS X
    * Minimo on Nokia 770

So it looks like it should be OK.

As to modifying it on line: TW uses JavaScript which tries a mozilla
method, then an IE method, then a Java method in turn. I guess most
default hosting environments would disallow those actions (JavaScript
being allowed to write to your website seems a bad idea at first
glance!). If you want to keep the master copy on line rather than on
a memory stick or your hard drive there is a host at
www.tiddlyspot.com which will get you up and running with an on-line
TiddlyWiki (either public or private) instantly.

Personally I put it on a memory stick so it's with me whether I'm on
line or not. I then include it in my sitecopy config so a (read only)
copy is synced to our website in the normal course of things.

HTH, Peter