Re: [Hampshire] [OT] TiddlyWiki

Author: john lewis
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [OT] TiddlyWiki
On Sun, 25 Mar 2007 06:30:28 +0000
Peter Salisbury <peterthevicar@???> wrote:

> Thought I'd better start a new thread as we've drifted so far from
> our starting place!
>
> @john lewis - I can't understand why TiddlyWiki's not working for
> you with Opera, to quote the TiddlyWiki.com homepage:
>
> # Ability to SaveChanges on:
>
>     * FireFox under Windows or OS X
>     * InternetExplorer under Windows
>     * Opera under all operating systems
>     * Safari and Camino under OS X
>     * Minimo on Nokia 770

> So it looks like it should be OK.

However it doesn't work and it looks like it is known about as there
is this reference at http://www.tiddlywiki.com/ to TiddlySaver

"The TiddlySaver java applet allows TiddlyWiki from a file://
URL to save changes Safari, Opera and other browsers.

It is a small file named "TiddlySaver.jar" that must be placed in the
same directory as your TiddlyWiki file. Before you can use it, you
need to give it the necessary privileges by editting
your .java.policy file."

I downloaded the jar file into ~/jayell/Notes (where the
johnsnotes.html file resides) but I don't have any .java.policy file
anywhere on the system so far as I can see.

The examples given for OS X may be usable after editing but since I
don't know anything about java syntax I'd probably get it wrong, the
file consists of these 4 lines:

grant codeBase "file:${user.home}/Documents/tiddlywiki-folder/*" {
permission java.io.FilePermission
"${user.home}${/}Documents${/}tiddlywiki-folder${/}*", "read,write";
};

Plus I'm not sure where to put this file once edited and the
instructions say:

"Make sure you save it in the right place for each operating system!"

--
John Lewis
Debian Linux with Geneweb genealogy application