Re: [Hampshire] WiFi Channel scanning

Author: Cayenne-uk
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] WiFi Channel scanning
Thanks Tony, all the other networks seem to be using channel 11 so I think I
will move to 6 tomorrow. The other networks appear and disappear during the
day (I guess they are only being turned on when needed), so I will check
them periodically. (I wonder if Net Stumbler would produce a log?)

If I can get the network stable again, I can then try to figure out why the
WiFi dongle on the kids PC will not connect when they are the first to log
on. - Inspired by Linux I decided to reduce their authority to regular
users, but Windoze / the wifi dongle doesn't seem to like that. The CD
burning software doesn't want to play ball either.

Kelvin