Re: [Hampshire] WiFi Channel scanning

Top Page
Author: Hugo Mills
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] WiFi Channel scanning

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x5745c100.hantslug.org.uk.14360': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Thu Mar 29 13:35:59 2007 BST
gpg: using DSA key B2C27BC21C335860
On Wed, Mar 28, 2007 at 11:35:10PM +0100, Cayenne-uk wrote:
> Thanks Tony, all the other networks seem to be using channel 11 so I think I
> will move to 6 tomorrow. The other networks appear and disappear during the
> day (I guess they are only being turned on when needed), so I will check
> them periodically. (I wonder if Net Stumbler would produce a log?)

One of the problems is that the default wireless network user
interface in Windows won't show you the channels that the detected
wireless networks are running on. Thus, most people can't tell that
they're clashing with other networks, even if they cared (or knew that
they should care).

Hugo.

  PGP key: 1C335860 from wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net or http://www.carfax.org.uk
    --- "What are we going to do tonight?" "The same thing we do ---
            every night, Pinky.  Try to take over the world!"