[Hampshire] Next Etch problem - kernels: 2.6.20.x needed (I …

Author: hantslug
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] Next Etch problem - kernels: 2.6.20.x needed (I think)
Etch ships as of yesterday's daily build with a 2.6.18 kernel. I think that
the installation I am going to do will need a 2.6.20 kernel. I see that
2.6.20.4 is the latest stable version (as of earlier this afternoon).

I think that the chipset on the motherboard on the system on which I shall be
installing needs 2.6.20.x. Is that doable with Etch? And can I actually use
2.6.20.4? I have googled for this, but I don't understand the answers. :-(

(I am doing a dummy run and installing on another box in order to find the
problems in advance. But I can't suck it and see with the correct
motherboard because I haven't got a box with that motherboard.)

What kernel is in Feisty?

Lisi