Re: [Hampshire] Ubuntu ipw2200 wireless help needed.

Top Page
Author: Tony Whitmore
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Ubuntu ipw2200 wireless help needed.

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x582c9100.hantslug.org.uk.31105': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Thu Apr 5 22:17:53 2007 BST
gpg: using DSA key 7920DB2171B98B64
On Thu, Apr 05, 2007 at 08:13:43PM +0100, Alex Phillips wrote:
> Dear List,
>
> I'm after some help with configuring the ipw2200 wireless card on my
> HP tc4200 laptop running Ubuntu 6.10. I've searched all over google,
> and most people say "just install network-manager and it works" but
> not for me, in fact network-manager claims I have no network at all,
> despite the eth0 wired connection working perfectly.

One of the things you have to do to get network manager working properly is to
comment out the interfaces in /etc/network/interfaces which you want network
manager to manage.

If you do this and restart networking (or reboot) network manager will be able
to manage the interfaces.

Tony