Re: [Hampshire] Mini Review: Vendetta Online

Author: Samuel Penn
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Mini Review: Vendetta Online
On Sunday 08 April 2007 13:10, Alex wrote:
> On 4/8/07, Samuel Penn <sam@???> wrote:
> > First off: This is about a commercial game, so all those who have
> > objections
> > to games and/or non-Free software can stop reading now :-)
> >
> > I've been playing it on and off for the last couple of years, and since
> > it's the only game of its kind that I'm aware of that's available for
> > Linux,
> > I thought some people here might be interested in knowing about it (there
> > must be some people who play games on the list).
>
> Anarchy Online [0] is a sci-fi based MMORPG. It is officially supported
> under Linux via Cedega. I guess this isn't the same as Vendetta as there is
> no native binary.

Hadn't seen that, but the 'support' seems very unofficial (system requirements
don't mention Linux, and the only mention I could find was a thread in the
forum). Do they test on Linux before updating the client? Are they going to
hold back on pushing out an update if it will break on Linux?

If the Linux client breaks in VO, they've upset about a third of their user
base, so fixing it is going to be high priority. Windows, Linux and Mac
all have similar priority.

--
Be seeing you,                         http://www.glendale.org.uk
Sam.                        Mail/IM (Jabber): sam@???