Re: [Hampshire] Mini Review: Vendetta Online

Author: Alex
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Mini Review: Vendetta Online
On 4/8/07, Samuel Penn <sam@???> wrote:

> Hadn't seen that, but the 'support' seems very unofficial (system
> requirements
> don't mention Linux, and the only mention I could find was a thread in the
> forum). Do they test on Linux before updating the client? Are they going
> hold back on pushing out an update if it will break on Linux?

I doubt they'd do that. I think the official support is actually from the
Cedega side of things (i.e. Cedega ensure their release works with AO etc)

If the Linux client breaks in VO, they've upset about a third of their user
> base, so fixing it is going to be high priority. Windows, Linux and Mac
> all have similar priority.

I have not heard of this from AO so i'd have to say they don't have similar
priorities. This approach from VO does sound very promising though -
hopefully more follow suit...

Regards,

--
Alex Collins