Re: [Hampshire] usb webcam drivers

Author: Dominic Cleal
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] usb webcam drivers
On Sun, 08 Apr 2007 19:45:21 -0500, Mike Burrows wrote:
> Hello folks. I've downloaded what I think is the latest driver for my
> webcam but get this stuff when I try and "make" the file.
> [..]
> using make is recommended by the readme file. I'm guessing that the
> 2.6.8-3-386 kernel is too modern for the driver but other than that, I
> don't know why the file wont compile.

I'd use module-assistant to compile the module. It will download all
of the kernel headers you require, the source package etc and then
create a .deb file with module in it.

You can use the interface just by running "m-a" (or module-assistant)
or just run:

# m-a a-i qc-usb

(module-assistant auto-install qc-usb)

This will then download all required packages, compile the module,
package it and then install the package. If you change kernels, you
just run that command again and it'll do the same.

> marvin:/tmp/qc-usb-0.6.5# make

The package in Etch and Sid is version 0.6.6, which is a little bit
newer than what you're trying to compile too.

--
Dominic Cleal
dominic@???