[Hampshire] Calendar servers

Author: Paul Tansom
To: hampshire
Subject: [Hampshire] Calendar servers
I'm just setting up a calendar server for the first time in a long
while[1] and thought I'd just do a straw pole on what software people
were using. I need cross platform access via a client application such
as Sunbird (or the Thunderbird extension) or Evolution. I was looking at
one called RSCDS[2] and then decided that I really should investigate more
before blasting off on an evalution install!

[1] to put this in perspective it was around the time Sun were taking
over StarOffice from StarDivision[3].
[2] http://rscds.sourceforge.net/
[3] few people seemed to realise that if you got hold of the CD version
of StarOffice there was the backend calendaring server included on it
which allowed you to share callendars from StarOffce - few enough that
the fact that I had managed to get it running created a steady stream of
emails asking out I'd done it - if they had kept it and let it go out
with OpenOffice I'd be an authority in it by now! Sadly either because
it competed with a Sun product or because they didn't have full rights
over the code it was lost, even to the point of later versions of
StarOffice being incompatible.

--
Paul Tansom | Aptanet Ltd. | http://www.aptanet.com/
Aptanet Ltd. | Registered in England | Company No: 4905028