Re: [Hampshire] usb webcam drivers

Author: Mike Burrows
To: Alan Pope, Hampshire LUG Discussion List
CC:
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] usb webcam drivers
On Mon, 2007-04-09 at 09:28 +0100, Alan Pope wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 08, 2007 at 07:45:21PM -0500, Mike Burrows wrote:
> > Hello folks. I've downloaded what I think is the latest driver for my
> > webcam but get this stuff when I try and "make" the file.
> >

> > marvin:/tmp/qc-usb-0.6.5# make
> > awk: cmd. line:1: fatal: cannot open file
> > `/lib/modules/2.6.8-3-386/build/include/linux/version.h' for reading (No
> > such file or directory)
>
> This says to me you're missing the kernel headers.
> kernel-headers-2.6.8-3-386 is the package I think you need.
>
> Cheers,
> Al.

Thanks, installed the headers and can now run the usb cam through xawtv.
However, I also have a hauppage tv card installed using the bttv module.
The card will display a video picture so long as the bttv is running but
then xawtv will default to the same inputs as the pci card and the usb
cam wont work (at least its not an option for xawtv and I haven't found
an app that looks for a usb cam). Removing the bttv driver however
enables the web cam to work through the usb connection but then the pci
tvcard is disabled.

Long way of asking...how do you get both video hardwares to co-exist?

TIA
Mike