[Hampshire] 'Free' broadband packages

Author: Paul Tansom
To: hampshire
Subject: [Hampshire] 'Free' broadband packages
No posts for ages then he pops up with 3 questions, tut, tut, tut :)

Anyhoo, I'm looking at switching my home broadband connection across to
one of the 'free' services[1] so wondered if anyone had any experience
or comments on those to avoid, reasonably good ones. My current
favourites are Sky and Orange - the former because I already use them
for TV, and the latter because I think I'll probably be switching my
mobile to them soon (I can't see myself sticking with Vodafone, the most
positive outcome of my current relationship with them involves simply
parting company and them refunding the money they owe me, without me
having to take them to court!).

[1] This may sound daft, but it won't be my primary broadband
connection. I am hooking up my business line to get a better speed than
my home line (they come in side by side on the wall using a cable run
from the street that was put in at the same time, sadly the business
line can get 7x the speed my home line can get). Migrating the home line
to a free service gives me a no cost backup / extra bandwidth - so long
as it comes with a service I'll be having anyway, and there are no
catches too imposing imposed!

--
Paul Tansom | Aptanet Ltd. | http://www.aptanet.com/
Aptanet Ltd. | Registered in England | Company No: 4905028