[Hampshire] Samba Shambles

Author: Tim
To: Hampshire List
Subject: [Hampshire] Samba Shambles

Since my distro change I have not been able to get samba working properly

I have 4 shares which live on an external USB HD connected to my mepis box.
Previously I was able to let my user (read family) access the share reading
and writing to them from XP and 2000 boxes. All the users had a dummy account
on my box (they never logged onto the box) but the username and password
allowed them access to the shares.

Best I had manged to get up until the weekend was they were readable and you
could download from the shares but you could not upload to the shares from
windows. Now they can't even access them.

My smb.conf is below, please bear in mind I have been playing with it so it
does look a mess:

Anyone like to enlighten me (and I don't mean the gnome package)

Tim

;*******************section global*****************
[global]

# Do something sensible when Samba crashes: mail the admin a backtrace
printing = cups
workgroup = home
server string = %h server (Samba %v)
hosts allow = 192.168.1.
socket options = TCP_NODELAY IPTOS_LOWDELAY
log level = 1
dead time = 15
wins support = yes
hide unreadable = yes
passdb backend = tdbsam guest
dns proxy = no
max log size = 1000
restrict anonymous = no
domain master = no
preferred master = no
max protocol = NT
ldap ssl = No
server signing = Auto
oplocks = no
level2 oplocks = no
case sensitive = no
msdfs proxy = no
read only = no
#security = share
;*******************section mit*****************
[Shared]
comment = /home/mit/Shared
path = /home/mit/Shared
guest ok = yes
;*******************section homes*****************
[homes]
comment = Home Directories
browseable = no
create mask = 0755
;*******************section printers*****************
[printers]
comment = All Printers
path = /tmp
browseable = no
printable = yes
guest ok = yes
create mask = 0700

[mp3]
guest ok = yes
path = /mnt/sda1/mp3/

[pictures]
guest ok = yes
path = /mnt/sda1/pictures
valid users = karen

[ZUNK]
path = /mnt/sda1/Zunk/
create mask = 0755
guest ok = yes

Invite Friends to View Your Photo Album and
... Win Free iPods, Movie Tickets or 1GB of Storage.
Check it out http://www.inbox.com/win_iPod