[Hampshire] [Advert] Shuttle SN25P For Sale

Author: Sean Gibbins
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] [Advert] Shuttle SN25P For Sale
As part of my 'footprint reduction exercise' :-P I am selling my
Shuttle SN25P. It comprises of the following component parts:

Shuttle SN25P [1]
Sapphire Radeon X800XL Graphics Card [2]
AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4200+ [3]
Kingston 1GB DDR PC3200 400MHz Non-ECC CL3 (3-3-3) 184pin DIMM's (Kit of
2 x 512mb)
Toshiba 16x16x DVD R/RW Dual Layer Internal IDE OEM
200 GB Seagate Barracuda® SATA 7200rpm 8MB cache

... and having come through an Ubuntu Edgy-to-Feisty upgrade completely
unscathed last night is sat here running said OS plus my work XP image
in vmware without breaking a sweat. I also currently dual-boot with XP
and this makes for a very capable gaming machine now, with room for
expansion in terms of memory, cpu and graphics cards later, if that's
your thing.

I won't list the features but will instead point interested parties to
this link [1], where they are detailed in full. Suffice to say it held
the top-spot in Custom PCs listing [3] for the best SFF machine for a
very long time, having recently been displaced by another Shuttle.

So why am I selling? Too many computers! There are now as many computers
as there are people in my household of six and it is getting a bit
silly. As I haven't been gaming of late I am decommissioning my mail
server and converting it to a desk top machine with the proceeds of this
sale. Why not keep the Shuttle? Well, this is the nicest machine in the
house and most likely to sell if I am honest!

I am looking for around £450 which gets you all of the above boxed, with
instructions and various odds and sods for mounting additional hard
drives etc. It is a nice looking piece of kit and runs reasonably quiet
given the grunt it is capable of producing. It will be supplied with the
Seagate drive wiped clean.

If you are interested please email me *off-list* with questions, etc. I
probably won't respond until Sunday at the earliest as I am out this
evening and all of tomorrow.

Sean

[1] http://global.shuttle.com/Product/Barebone/SN25P.asp
[2]