[Hampshire] Making xend XMLRPC listen on network interface

Top Page
Author: Tony Whitmore
To: hampshire
Subject: [Hampshire] Making xend XMLRPC listen on network interface

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x56d2f100.hantslug.org.uk.22381': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Mon Apr 23 13:20:47 2007 BST
gpg: using DSA key 7920DB2171B98B64
I'm experimenting with Xen and Xenman[1]. I have Xen running on a remote
server and am trying to connect to that server from a desktop. In order to do
this, according to the documentation, Xenman on the desktop needs to be able
to connect to the XML RPC server on the server. This is disabled by default
but is enabled by setting the line in xend-config.sxp to:

(xend-tcp-xmlrpc-server yes)

However, having restarted xend, this only listens on localhost, not eth0:

$ netstat -a | grep 8005
tcp        0      0 localhost:8005          *:*                     LISTEN

There are lines in the configuration file that refer to the IP address that
xend should listen on for HTTP requests and relocation requests, but nothing
for RPC requests.

Can anyone tip me off on how to make the XML RPC server listen on eth0?

Thanks,

Tony

[1] http://xenman.sourceforge.net/