Re: [Hampshire] enabling ssh access to a freshly installed D…

Author: Tim B - Systems
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] enabling ssh access to a freshly installed Debian Etch server
Sorry to point out the obvious, but make sure the SSH package is installed on
the server (often it's not installed as standard). Then make sure that sshd
is running by typing

ps aux | grep sshd

If it's installed and running you should be ok. If not, make sure that the
user you're trying to log in both exists and has a password.

Hope this helps,

Tim B.

--
Tim Brocklehurst Marine Design