Re: [Hampshire] Spam increase?

Author: john lewis
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Spam increase?
On Wed, 25 Apr 2007 16:25:16 +0100
"James Courtier-Dutton" <james.dutton@???> wrote:

> All my current junk email is those ones with a graphics advert for
> something, surrounded by lots of semi understandable text. All other
> types of junk are completely filtered now.
> I suppose we will need OCR filters soon. Do any exist for Linux?

I use the spamasssin plugin with sylphhed-claws-gtk2.

Just 5 minutes ago came across a reference to fuzzyocr which install
as a plugin for spamasssin and now available as deb package in sid.

I decided to give it a tryout and after the usual messages got the
following

> Unpacking fuzzyocr (from .../fuzzyocr_2.3b-2_all.deb) ...
> Setting up libstring-approx-perl (3.25-1) ...
> Setting up libungif-bin (4.1.4-4) ...
> Setting up fuzzyocr (2.3b-2) ...
> Restarting SpamAssassin Mail Filter Daemon: spamd.

so with luck that will get rid of a few more spam emails.

--
John Lewis
Debian Linux with Geneweb genealogy application