Re: [Hampshire] [Games] Any Transgaming/Cedega Users Out The…

Author: Sean Gibbins
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] [Games] Any Transgaming/Cedega Users Out There?
Alan Pope wrote:
> On Mon, 2007-04-30 at 22:25 +0100, David Ramsden wrote:
>
>> I'll probably continue to subscribe to Cedega because I like the choice
>> of using either OS and my subscription money is going towards the
>> development of open source software to give others a choice too :-)
>>

> It *is*?
>
> Not especially open when they threaten and blackmail the distros to not
> package their "open source" software or they will take their ball away
> and explicitly forbid packaging in the license.
>
> They also have contributed nothing as far as I can see to WINE.
>
> WINE has come a long way since Cedega forked from it.
>
> Cheers,
> Al.

Damn, I'm beginning to feel I was better off with Microsoft!

;o)

First game I went to fire up (Battlefield 2142) tells me that my
graphics card (Sapphire X800XL) is unsupported and the graphics will
look like crap, and that I am also likely to get a global ban from
punkbuster, which is dead handy given that it is first and foremost a
multiplayer game!

<sigh>

Onwards...

Sean