Re: [Hampshire] Linux User Needs Help - £50 - Cash Donation …

Author: Peter Salisbury
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Linux User Needs Help - £50 - Cash Donation to the User Group
On Tuesday 01 May 2007, richard brooks wrote:
> Thanks to all who have helped with advice to my original query (SEE
> BELOW) - so far the votes are in for ClarkConnect as the best disto
> to use - OK - here is my idea - i am new to Linux but i have
> managed to load up Edgy and play with it, etc ... i will create a
> Virgins Linux Guide using photos and screen shots and i will ask a
> series of really stupid basic questions here on the users group - i
> hope you will be able to answer these - i will then bundle these up
> into a blog which can be used for any other new idiots just like me
> - obviously i will need support and advice from the group - i will
> still pay my £50 user group donation as well for the email advice -
> if a couple of you say YES - then i will start the process -
> comments and commitments of support please - regards Richard

I'm sure we'd all be happy to help with those bits we've come across
before - most of us have some sort of document/wiki/blog/old envelope
detailing our trials and what we learnt[1]. Between us all I'm sure
you'll get there, donation or no donation!

ATB, Peter

[1] Mine is at www.salisburys.net/PetersNotes-TW.html