[Hampshire] [OT] Run WinXP as wireless access point?

Author: Dr Adam J Trickett
To: Hants LUG
Subject: [Hampshire] [OT] Run WinXP as wireless access point?
Hi,

I know it's possible to make a Linux box with a WiFi card
act as a wireless base station/access point. I don't do
Windows, but someone who can't use a Linux solution was
wondering if it's easy to connect a WinXP notebook and
a Canon EOS with WiFi together without using a base station.

The camera and notebook run on batteries and he may be
in a situation where he can't use a mains powered WiFi
base station, but still needs to go point to point from
the camera to the notebook.

As ever, thanks in advance.

--
Adam Trickett
Overton, HANTS, UK

A bank is a place where they lend you an umbrella in fair
weather and ask for it back when it begins to rain.
    --  Robert Frost