Re: [Hampshire] Linux UserNeeds Help - £50 - Cash Donation t…

Author: Paul Tansom
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Linux UserNeeds Help - £50 - Cash Donation to the User Group
** richard brooks <r12345b@???> [2007-05-01 12:14]:
> Thanks to all who have helped with advice to my original query (SEE BELOW)
> - so far the votes are in for ClarkConnect as the best disto to use - OK -
> here is my idea - i am new to Linux but i have managed to load up Edgy and
> play with it, etc ... i will create a Virgins Linux Guide using photos and
> screen shots and i will ask a series of really stupid basic questions here
> on the users group - i hope you will be able to answer these - i will then
> bundle these up into a blog which can be used for any other new idiots just
> like me - obviously i will need support and advice from the group - i will
> still pay my £50 user group donation as well for the email advice - if a
> couple of you say YES - then i will start the process - comments and
> commitments of support please - regards Richard

<<snip>>
** end quote [richard brooks]

I'd suggest the HantsLUG Wiki as a good place to post any experiences
you have. It can then be updated/tweaked by anyone else who makes use of
it or feels they could add to it... and it goes without saying that you
can ask here how to do that too ;)

--
Paul Tansom | Aptanet Ltd. | http://www.aptanet.com/
Aptanet Ltd. | Registered in England | Company No: 4905028