[Hampshire] ADSL Charges

Author: Stephen Davies
To: hampshire
Subject: [Hampshire] ADSL Charges
I just got notification that after 1st June I will have to pay my ADSL
Supplier £33.00 to get a MAC code to move to another ADSL Supplier. I am
sure that most (if not all) other suppliers are going to (or have done
so already) implement the same charges. The reason given is that they
are passing on a charge levied on them by BT. This (I guess) id the cost
of a BT engineer switching your DSL Line from one supplier to another.

I'm not sure if this only applies to those ADSL Suppliers who buy from
BT Wholesale or to those who have LLU kit in your local exchange.

If you are thinking of moving supplier, you might like to do it ASAP.

Stephen D