Re: [Hampshire] Horizon tonight

Top Page
Author: Tony Whitmore
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Horizon tonight

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x58489100.hantslug.org.uk.15119': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Wed May 2 08:16:33 2007 BST
gpg: using DSA key 7920DB2171B98B64
On Tue, May 01, 2007 at 10:57:36PM +0100, Adrian Bridgett wrote:
> On Tue, May 1, 2007 at 21:56:29 +0100 (+0100), Vic wrote:
> > I've just watched a cracking bit of telly. Some science without too much
> > voodoo.
>
> Heh, was just complaining about the same program :-)
>
> Just about zero info on the immensely cool LHC, no mention of the
> recent problems, the technology, the background. Lots of inaccuracy -
> they implied that CERN was just built for the LHC - the tunnel was
> used by the (courtesy wikipedia) LEP from 1989 to 2000. Huge amounts
> of pointless waffle, irrelevant "random picture of the sky for a
> minute to fill in some time".

Sounds like I was right to stop bothering with Horizon as well as Panorama
then. The question remains where the really good quality TV investigative and
reportage journalism is these days. Dispatches?

Tony