[Hampshire] Audacity libraries

Author: Rob Malpass
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: [Hampshire] Audacity libraries
Hi all

Trying to export an mp3 using Audacity on Ubuntu 7.04, I was asked to locate the libmp3lame.so library. Looking in /usr/lib, I found libmp3lame.so.0 which (in order to make Audacity work) I had to link to libmp3lame.so. All's working well - but my question is (not knowing much about libraries other than fiddling with them can screw things up badly) - am I safe to leave it or should I reset it after I've finished exporting?

I'm assuming I am ok to leave it because all I've done is effectively create libmp3lame.so - am I right here?

Cheers
Rob