Re: [Hampshire] Audacity libraries

Top Page
Author: Tony Whitmore
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] Audacity libraries

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x58489100.hantslug.org.uk.6696': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Sat May 5 11:34:57 2007 BST
gpg: using RSA key ED1319F325A97448
Rob Malpass wrote:
> Hi all
>
> Trying to export an mp3 using Audacity on Ubuntu 7.04, I was asked to
> locate the libmp3lame.so library. Looking in /usr/lib, I found
> libmp3lame.so.0 which (in order to make Audacity work) I had to link to
> libmp3lame.so. All's working well - but my question is (not knowing
> much about libraries other than fiddling with them can screw things up
> badly) - am I safe to leave it or should I reset it after I've finished
> exporting?
>
> I'm assuming I am ok to leave it because all I've done is effectively
> create libmp3lame.so - am I right here?

The liblame-dev package should provide libmp3lame.so so try installing
that. libmp3lame.so.0 comes from the liblame0 package.

Tony