Re: [Hampshire] June's meeting

Author: john lewis
To: hampshire
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] June's meeting
On Mon, 14 May 2007 21:44:19 +0100
adrian@??? (Adrian Bridgett) wrote:

> The next meeting will hopefully be at Jamie's in Southampton on 2nd
> June. Awaiting final confirmation.
>
> What do people think about having a friendly challenge - nothing too
> strenuous, but something like setting up Samba (fileserver for
> windows machines) or a simple webserver.

I would like to get my Apache + PHP setup talking to Postgresql so I
can play with the Exodus (genealogy) database

I can get apache to display a simple html website and to display a
PHP test script (1) but cannot persuade PHP to open the exodus
database I have setup in postgresql.

I can load this database from the command line so think I have set
it up correctly but don't know enough about using postgresql to be
able to do anything with it. So I need the php scripts in the Exodus
package which are intended to form a web based interface to it.

I have tried the various 'solutions' offered on list but think a
'hands on' by someone who knows what they are doing would be the
best way to solve the problem.

I'll get it set up on my 'test box' which I can easily bring along to
the next meeting so we can have a play.

(1)
<HTML>
<HEAD><TITLE>PHP Test </TITLE></HEAD>
<BODY>
<?phpinfo( ) ?>
</BODY>
</HTML>

--
John Lewis
Debian (Sid) with the GeneWeb genealogy package