[Hampshire] Apache config & cgi-bin

Author: Bond, Peter
To: hampshire
Subject: [Hampshire] Apache config & cgi-bin
Argh, and help!?

I'm trying to configure Apache on a CentOS 4.4 box to allow users to execute cgi scripts from their home directories (~/public_html/cgi-bin). Viewing files seems to work, but I don't seem to have the server right for execution. This is compounded - or possibly confounded - by the fact that any scripts I put in my ~/public_html/cgi-bin run with no problems (presumably something to do with me being in the sudoers file?)... Symptoms are "Premature end of script headers" in the error log.

Having RTFM, I've got the following at the tail end of /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf:

<Directory /home/*/public_html/cgi-bin>
# AllowOverride None
# Options +ExecCGI +Includes +Indexes
Options ExecCGI
SetHandler cgi-script
# Order allow,deny
# Allow from all
</Directory>

(commented out bits were just to make it identical to the Apache suggested config).

I'm loath to give write access to /var/www just at the moment as it doesn't seem like the right solution.

All assistance very gratefully received!

TIA,

Peter

This email, its content and any attachments is PRIVATE AND
CONFIDENTIAL to TANDBERG Television, Part of the Ericsson Group.
If received in error please notify the sender and destroy the original
message and attachments.

www.tandbergtv.com