Re: [Hampshire] scripts/basic/Makefile missing

Top Page
Author: Alan Pope
To: Hampshire LUG Discussion List
Subject: Re: [Hampshire] scripts/basic/Makefile missing

gpg: failed to create temporary file '/var/lib/lurker/.#lk0x575f8100.hantslug.org.uk.15205': Permission denied
gpg: Signature made Tue May 29 20:10:41 2007 BST
gpg: using DSA key 1E38DD6257A4363C
On Tue, 2007-05-29 at 19:49 +0100, john lewis wrote:
> On Tue, 29 May 2007 17:50:35 +0100
> Peter Salisbury <peterthevicar@???> wrote:
>
> > Details of how to do the sneaky thing are in my TiddlyWiki at
> > www.salisburys.net/PetersNotes-TW.html About the best I can say
> > for the method it is that it works. Debian sometimes seem to take
> > the freedom principles to quite comical extremes - the poor NVIDIA
> > module doesn't even use the paravirtualisation routines in question!
>
> Don't mention such things in Alan's hearing, it will only give him an
> opportunity to claim U***** does things better

Meh.

I started typing a mail not suggesting that, but asking why Ubuntu
didn't have this problem when the same kernel config option is enabled
in the Ubu kernels.

Then I figured the Debian Gestapo would jump down my throat, so didn't
bother. :p

Cheers,
Al.